Thursday, November 1, 2012

Blogiversary: where the presents go to you...

Happy six month blogiversary to me!
Happy six month blogiversary to me!
Happy six month blogiversary dear Delightfully Ludicrous!!!!
Happy six month blogiversary to meeeeee!!!!!!

Yep, that's right, Delightfully Ludicrous is now six months old!  

*pops party streamers*

And in celebration of this very important event, I've decided to have another giveaway!  Those of you who've been visiting me for a while will remember a couple of reviews I did a few months back on two vintage books very descriptively entitled "Don'ts for Wives" and "Don'ts for Husbands".  They gave some ... shall we say interesting ... advice to the matrimonially blessed, such as making sure not to hire good looking servants in case your husband decides to get a little handsy, and to not let the little lady spend too much on her own lest she waste a month's housekeeping on some silly frippery.

Well if you ever wondered what other absolute gems of advice were contained therein, today's your lucky day!

One lucky reader is going to get a copy of each of "Don'ts for Wives" and "Don'ts for Husbands", as well as "Don'ts for Mothers" and "Don'ts for Weddings"!  That's right, four whole books of outdated, misogynistic advice.

How could you resist!  

So if you'd like to be the lucky winner, just leave a note below and I'll randomly draw a winner from the hat of fate!  You have until 10am AEST on Thursday 8th November to enter, which I believe is 8pm Wednesday 7th November New York time.  

Thanks again for all your support over the past six months, guys.  It's made writing here a joy and a delight.  Here's to the next six months!

35 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Kellie! That old advice is scary. Perfect for Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 6 months! And here's to many more blogiversaries to come. Those books sound like a hoot~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Keep rockin'! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your blogiversary! I've much enjoyed your consistently quality hilarity. Also as an avid book collector, those volumes of wisdom sound amazing and I want them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very happy blogiversary to you!!! I'm sure those books are chock full of awesome advice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We've come a Long Way, Baby! There are some scary bits of advice in those books.

    Congrats on the blog anniversary - and yes, here's to the next six months - *clink*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy blogiversary!!! Those do certainly sound like they'd be interesting, if not scarring for life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 6 fun months of bloggery. congrats! i love outdated advice. i like to use it in my fb statuses for kicks and giggles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. congratulations! I could use those books so I can better communicate with all of the old ladies that stop me in the grocery store to discuss my children.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy blogiversary!! (It's only been 4 months for me.) If I don't win the books, is there anywhere I can buy them? I MUST HAVE THEM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy 6 months!! I love advice from long ago, such a fun read! I remember seeing an ad in an old magazine where they advertised Lysol as a feminine hygine product. Yikes, makes me cross my legs just thinking about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Has it been six months already? You have a fabulois blog and long may you post!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Blogiversary... now release the strippers and let us start the party :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations Kellie, Happy Blogiversary! We need to throw a party!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love to don't do stuff, so these books sound great!

    P.S. Congrats on the blogiversary.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay! Happy 6 months!!! Whooohooo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations! I wonder what the percentage is of people who start blogs and never make it to 6 months. Pretty high, I'm guessing. So good job on sticking with it, and all with great content!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Blogoversary. I have just the spot for a set of those books on my self. Please add me to your drawing. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Kellie, your blog is genuinely delightful, cheeky, humourous and many times thought provoking. I enjoy it immensely wish you well for the next 6months and beyond!
    Happy blogoversary.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've only recently found your blog but I love it. It is so funny and warm. Well done on your first 6 months, I can't wait for the next 6 and the 6 after that etc.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those books look amazing just for display, especially because of their hilarious titles. Consider this my aggressive entry. GIMME THEM BOOKS!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow... amazing. You and I started our blogs within a couple of weeks of one another (my 6 month anniversary is on Nov 16th), and yet I'll bet you've posted double if not triple the number of posts as I have. You, my dear, are a writing machine!

    As for outdated misogynistic advice... yes please!

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOL; interesting giveaway!! Happy bloganiversary though!! Wishing you many more months of blogging fun!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, so much interest internationally in your sage wisdom. So proud to know you. You would love Italy at the moment, Halloween is big here. Black cats, pumpkins, cob webs, the works.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congratulations, Geek Girl! You are awesome. Now can I please have my copy of Don'ts for Women Who Peek Into Their Neighbour's Windows To See How They've Decorated? It's not for me...it's for a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  26. My wife says I REALLY need that book. I'm not sure how to take that? Haha. Anyway, glad our paths, and blogs, crossed. Happy six months! ;)

    S

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy Six Months and yayyy for outdated misogynistic advice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Happy blogiversary! You have even more dangerous critters there than we do here in Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Congratulations on your first six months Kellie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Yay Kellie, heartiest congratulations from India! I love reading your posts, they're so full of sharp wit and humor. Here's to many more blogging-milestones.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi, Nice post thanks for sharing. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back.

    Thanks!
    Kevin
    kevincollins1012@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Happy six month blogiversary!! And many moooore! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Happy six months!!!!
    Abi K

    ReplyDelete