Saturday, May 18, 2013

Because you can never pull too many practical jokes around people wielding pointy scissors...

As most of you know by now, I'm an enormous phantasmaphile.

I love all things spooky and ghostly.  I've been on a fair few ghost hunts in my time, my collection of vintage true life haunting books is nothing to be sneezed at, and you've already heard about my Paranormal State and Ghost Hunters marathons.

So when I saw this practical joke that someone played in a beauty salon, I just had to share.




Why is it nothing this cool ever happens when I'm getting my hair done?  The scariest thing that's happened to me recently at the hairdressers is this conversation I heard going on behind me while I was getting a trim.

Woman:  Oh, don't cry sweethearts!  Mummy's just getting her hair cut!  Yes she is!  She'll be finished real soon and then you'll get to have dinner with Daddy.  Won't that be fun!

Children:  *shrill screaming*  I WANT TO GO HOME!!!

Woman:  Yes you will!  Dinner with Daddy!  

Children:  *wailing and punching*  HOME HOME HOME!!!

Woman:  Yum yum yum!  So much fun!

Children:  *yelling and making a break for the door*

Terrifying, no?

Luckily I was facing away from her so I could indulge myself in a fit of the giggles, much to my hairdresser's consternation.  At one point she even ducked down under the bench with the pretence of plugging in a hair dryer, just so she could slap me on the leg and mutter at me to stop laughing or she was going to lose it.

I thought I'd been pretty subtle about about it, but the filthy look I got from that woman as I walked out of the salon made me realize that perhaps not.  That's when I remembered that even though I'd been facing away from her, I HAD been sitting in front of a mirror.  A mirror which would have quite clearly showed my face to the rest of the room.

Oops?

Damned hair salon mirrors, always causing trouble.

36 comments:

  1. That would have been a fun day to get your hair done. Great prank.
    As for the woman and her kids behind you, I would have been laughing, too. Unless the kids were over the age of 4. Then it would be more of an eye-rolling/scowl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kids looked to me to be around three or four years old, so I'll let you draw your own conclusions ;D

      Delete
  2. Oh man, I can't do scary stuff. Almost as bad as clowns.

    And alright, I'm not a mother, but I think I'd be more okay with a giggle from a stranger than a judging look or unsolicited advice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Oh, I would never have presumed to say anything, but I honestly couldn't have kept a straight face.

      Delete
  3. That video is TOO COOL! One of the best jokes I've EVER seen. And yeah, mirrors scare me, too. And I'm just talking about seeing MYSELF. ;)

    S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to have had that joke played on me! It looked like so much fun!

      Delete
  4. Busted by the mirror. Cannot begin to count the number of times I thought I was being subtle only to have been caught like that. But also, who cares what that lady thinks of you, it can't be worse than what her kids think of her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point. Besides, what are the chances of me ever seeing her again?

      I've just jinxed myself, haven't I.

      Delete
  5. Oh my gosh thats so funny! You and te mirror makes it even more funny!
    I am a self proclaimed wuss, I am chicken @#$% and thats the truth, we lived in a house with a ghost and it gave me a great respect for the subject, lol, in a BIG way!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love spooky things. I think it's the same thing as people who love roller coasters. It's the adrenalin rush.

      Delete
  6. Would you have the guts to go through the Las Vegas attraction "Goretorium"? I chickened out. Was way too intense for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of that one, but I'll have to google it and see if I could handle it :D

      Delete
  7. Awww yeah we wouldn't be friends anymore

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would have laughed as well as saying something snarky, just because I can and that's how I roll.

    I had one child in a store saying some random mean things to me. I was minding my own business and did not know them. I just looked at the father and said-" In some species they Eat their young. This might be why." He quickly hushed and scooted said child away from me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate it when parents let their kids get away with things like that. Sometimes kids are going to say tactless things, but there's no excuse for rudeness.

      Delete
  9. Ohmygoodness, doing "Bloody Mary" in a hair salon would be AMAZING.
    SO MANY MIRRORS

    ReplyDelete
  10. There's probably a psychological reason why many people enjoy being frightened, but I'm not one of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm guessing it's the adrenalin rush, kind of like riding a roller coaster.

      Delete
  11. The video was great, what a fantastic prank! I'm not that big into scary stuff, but I do love the Haunted Collector on the Syfy channel. I can only watch it when my husband is home though, otherwise I'm too scared!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love those ghost shows. I'll watch them no matter how bad they are.

      Delete
  12. I have it on my adventure list to go on a ghost tour and to a haunted house, two things I have never done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to do a tour of the UK specifically set up to go to haunted locations. That'd be awesome!

      Delete
  13. I had to bring my wife back to see this. Still cool!

    S

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh that is priceless! The video is pretty cool as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great joke, wasn't it! I'd have loved for it to happen to me.

      Delete
  15. I have very short hair which requires an agonizing cut every 6 weeks.
    I hate having to look in the mirror at myself for 1/2 hour while my hairdresser prattles on- I would much rather indulge myself with people watching and people listening; two of my favorite pastimes and the hairdressers is prime gossiping land. lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hairdressers are the best places for listening to other people. There's something about being there that makes you talk about things you'd never normally bring up.

      Delete
  16. Haven't been to a hairdressers in years and even so if some moronic bitch let's her kid cry like that while the rest of us have to sit and listen I'd be charging her triple just for having to put up with her annoying brat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was more funny than annoying, to be honest. Thus the fits of laughter :D

      Delete
  17. Holy crap. That was pretty danged funny to watch but I know if I'd been sitting in one of those salon chairs, I'd have soiled it. :-)
    Some Dark Romantic

    ReplyDelete
  18. I may have have handled the images in the mirror pretty well ( ( mean after all I have seen myself mornings without make up ~ can't be scarier that that ...nope unh unhhh) BUT the actors creepy contortions skurrying across the floor back flipp like a bizarre poscessed human spider Now that would hav def freaked me out Bwah ha boogly ha~ scary stuff

    ReplyDelete