Thursday, February 6, 2014

Parenting win or fail? Either way, this guy's just plain awesome...

Source
Parenting is a strange concept, isn't it.  It's like "Here, have a human being.  Try not to kill it before it's old enough to get a job, would you?".

Still, most people seem to manage okay.  At least so it would appear given how many of us actually make it into adulthood.  Of course there are your parental nightmares, the ones who shouldn't be allowed to look after a blue eyed kitten let alone a kid.  But for the most part parents just seem to be people trying not to let anyone else know they don't really have a clue what they're doing.

And then there are the ones who take parenthood to a whole new level.

Take this guy for instance [link].  This is what I call a parenting win ... or a parenting fail, I'm not really sure which.  Either way, he's my new hero.

I mean, what sort of evil genius comes up with the idea of torturing their kid by waving to the school bus dressed in a different costume every day just because their kid didn't want them coming out to say goodbye?  I've heard of some pretty good ones before, picking the kid up from school wearing pajamas, the use of mortifyingly sweet nicknames, etc, but this is some top notch humiliation.

Of his many and incredibly varied costumes, I have to admit my favourite is the wedding dress.  I bet it was his wife's and she had no idea he borrowed it.  Can't you just imagine the yelling later on when he came in?  "What the hell?  How did grass stains get over the hem of my wedding dress?  God damn it, Dale!  What did I say about wearing my dresses!".  The toilet was pretty good too, although it worries me a little that he just happened to have a spare toilet bowl lying around.

I do have to wonder, though, what a grown man was doing with so many different costumes.

And just what exactly was he thinking when he put on that Little Mermaid outfit?  Those shells don't cover anything!

19 comments:


  1. Well he was HURT man........the guy is sensitive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is hysterical! I'm all for embarrassing my kids in certain situations. I guess the question of fail or win depends on the kind of kid he was embarrassing.
    Where did he get all of those costumes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lot of overhead for a practical joke. All those costumes in pudgy dad size can't be cheap. Good luck in therapy, little guy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every day is Halloween in that household. Hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The photos were great! That dad is a brilliant parent! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sang and danced in public to punish Favorite Young Man. It worked very well.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this guy. I don't even know him, but he's my hero now. It's just so perfectly parenty. "I know this embarrasses you, but I love you, dammit, and I'm gonna show you whether you like it or not!"

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is cute. Parents can be fun but sometimes goofy is what is needed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty funny parent. I would think that most of us lazy parents would consider that way too much work. As I recall the second the kids walked out the door to catch the school bus, I sank into a comfy chair and said something to the effect "Good, now I have till 4:30 before they come back." Still...kudos to him for putting forth some effort.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha! My kids say I embarass them. I'm gonna show them this link and tell them THIS iswhat embarrassment is all about. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seems like he's really going out of his way to humiliate his kid. Feels like psychological abuse. I get the idea of sayiong "I'm going to wish you goodbye every day because I love you and you're going to need to get over being embarrassed by that," but this seems kind of sadistic.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I remember hearing about this man a while back. It was embarrassing for the kids at first, but now they seem to embrace it now because the whole bus is waiting to see what he wears next.

    How he brings it to an end will be entertaining to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My kids are going to be SO grateful that you alerted us to this!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, you know, parents have to embarrass their kids somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This guy is winning at parenting. His son must have been so embarrassed... until all the kids on the bus started loving it and looking forward to his dad's new outfits. He obviously loves him son very much and doesn't take life too seriously -- great combination.

    That being said, if my dad had done this... well, I may have started homeschooling. He was a German Immigrant and probably would have never shaved his beard to fully pull off the Princess Leia look.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for this wonderful post, I want to use this opportunity to share about My life how I strunggled with Hiv/Aids Disease before the Lord Jesus in my life as a candle light in the darkness. You showed me the meaning of faith with your words. I know that even when I cried all day thinking about how to recover, you were not sleeping, you were dear to me. I contacted the herbal center Dr Itua, who lived in West Africa. A friend of mine here in Hamburg is also from Africa. She told me about African herbs but I was nervous. I am very afraid when it comes to Africa because I heard many terrible things about them because of my Christianity. god for direction, take a bold step and get in touch with him in the email and then move to WhatsApp, he asked me if I can come for treatment or I want a delivery, I told him I wanted to know him I buy ticket in 2 ways to Africa To meet Dr. Itua, I went there and I was speechless from the people I saw there. Patent, sick people. Itua is a god sent to the world, I told my pastor about what I am doing, Pastor Bill Scheer. We have a real battle beautifully with Spirit and Flesh. Adoration that same night. He prayed for me and asked me to lead. I spent 2 weeks and 2 days in Africa at Dr Itua Herbal Home. After the treatment, he asked me to meet his nurse for the HIV test when I did it. It was negative, I asked my friend to take me to another nearby hospital when I arrived, it was negative. I was overwhite with the result, but happy inside of me. We went with Dr. Itua, I thank him but I explain that I do not have enough to show him my appreciation, that he understands my situation, but I promise that he will testify about his good work. Thank God for my dear friend, Emma, I know I could be reading this now, I want to thank you. And many thanks to Dr. Itua Herbal Center. He gave me his calendar that I put on my wall in my house. Dr. Itua can also cure the following diseases, HIV, Herpes, Neuromuscular Diseases , Hepatitis B, Inflammatory Liver, Diabetes,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Fibromyalgia, recover your ex. You can contact him by email or drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com, ..www.drituaherbalcenter.com .. He is a good doctor, talk to him kindly. I'm sure he will also listen to you.

    ReplyDelete