Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Does Fernando sound like a good name for a narwahl to you...

Source
I think I've found what might be the cutest kid present idea ever.

Imagine this, you take a drawing done by a child, send it to this website [link], and they makes a stuffed toy based on it.  How awesome is that!

I'm always completely in awe of arty people like that.  How on earth do they do it?  I can barely draw a straight line even if I'm using a ruler, there's no way I'd be able to scrabble together enough artistic ability to make a toy based on a kid's scribble, let alone make it look that good!

Is it wrong that I want to draw one myself and send it to them to get made?  I think if I did it would be of a spaceman narwahl, complete with astronaut helmet.  I'm not sure how I'd go about hugging him, what with the horn and all, but I'm sure we'd work it out.

At least I would if I had the faintest idea how to draw a narwahl spaceman.

Seriously though, I think this is one of the cleverest gift ideas I've ever seen.  What a wonderful thing to do for a child, showing them that you value their imagination and creativity.  It's definitely a step up from "Lets stick your picture on the fridge", that's for sure.

But why on earth did I have to find out about it AFTER Christmas!  I could have saved a lot of present shopping angsting if only I'd known about it earlier.

Isn't it always the way?


Note:  I'm not getting compensated in any way, shape or form for writing this.  I just thought it was really REALLY cool.  I mean, come on, who wouldn't want that purple stuffed dog by the little five year old girl!  I totally would, and I'd call him Henry McWoofington.  He looks like a Henry, don't you think?

16 comments:

  1. Well you'll know about it for next year and we'll all be waiting to see these creations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap! Guess who's getting a stuffed Pickleope for Christmas in February. Me, that's who. In case you weren't clear on that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great find Kellie, the idea is stupendous. And yes what clever, arty, creative people!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a super cool idea. Having had boy children myself though, the only "artwork" they have ever produced is graffiti style penis drawings. I'm doubtful that would make an appropriate stuffed animal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It IS one of the cleverest ideas for a kid's gift! There's always next Christmas...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wonder what they'll make if I send them a picture of myself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome gift idea! Now if the next gen in my family would have some babies, I would know where to get awesome gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a really cute idea. Draw the picture of what you want to the best of your ability and say that a four year old did it. Add a description of what four-year-old you wants.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I told my sister-in-law Susan that I wanted beanie babies of the Seven Dwarves, she said, and I quote, "You want to snuggle with a bunch of old midgets?!"

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is the most clever idea I have seen. I would love to find a couple of good drawings from my 2 grandson's and do that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea, but what about adult requests?

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a great idea!! I have a couple of Jasmyn pictures that I would like to... Oh... Wait... That would be quite horrifying. Nevermind..

    Hugs!

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  13. A spaceman narwhal by any other name would be just as awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. very informative post for me as I am always looking for new content that can help me and my knowledge grow better.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for this wonderful post, I want to use this opportunity to share about My life how I strunggled with Hiv/Aids Disease before the Lord Jesus in my life as a candle light in the darkness. You showed me the meaning of faith with your words. I know that even when I cried all day thinking about how to recover, you were not sleeping, you were dear to me. I contacted the herbal center Dr Itua, who lived in West Africa. A friend of mine here in Hamburg is also from Africa. She told me about African herbs but I was nervous. I am very afraid when it comes to Africa because I heard many terrible things about them because of my Christianity. god for direction, take a bold step and get in touch with him in the email and then move to WhatsApp, he asked me if I can come for treatment or I want a delivery, I told him I wanted to know him I buy ticket in 2 ways to Africa To meet Dr. Itua, I went there and I was speechless from the people I saw there. Patent, sick people. Itua is a god sent to the world, I told my pastor about what I am doing, Pastor Bill Scheer. We have a real battle beautifully with Spirit and Flesh. Adoration that same night. He prayed for me and asked me to lead. I spent 2 weeks and 2 days in Africa at Dr Itua Herbal Home. After the treatment, he asked me to meet his nurse for the HIV test when I did it. It was negative, I asked my friend to take me to another nearby hospital when I arrived, it was negative. I was overwhite with the result, but happy inside of me. We went with Dr. Itua, I thank him but I explain that I do not have enough to show him my appreciation, that he understands my situation, but I promise that he will testify about his good work. Thank God for my dear friend, Emma, I know I could be reading this now, I want to thank you. And many thanks to Dr. Itua Herbal Center. He gave me his calendar that I put on my wall in my house. Dr. Itua can also cure the following diseases, HIV, Herpes, Neuromuscular Diseases , Hepatitis B, Inflammatory Liver, Diabetes,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Fibromyalgia, recover your ex. You can contact him by email or drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com, ..www.drituaherbalcenter.com .. He is a good doctor, talk to him kindly. I'm sure he will also listen to you.

    ReplyDelete