Friday, November 1, 2013

Warning, cranky woman ahead...

My head hurts. My hair's being all sticky up. My shoes are too tight. The underpants gnomes ate all my undies. My pen is scratchy. My computer is flickering. My bird hates me. My fridge smells like dirty sweat socks and cheese. My carpet is like a wilderness preserve for ants. My desk is buried in paper. My filing cabinet is trying to eat me. My cat is ignoring me.

It's just one of those days, I'm afraid.  It feels a little like the world is conspiring to ... well, not make me angry exactly.  Annoy me a little, perhaps?

Do any of you ever have those days?  You know the ones, where everything seems to take a perverse delight in going wrong and no matter how hard you try all you really want to do is yell at someone and my GOD why do people insist on standing so close to my desk to have a twenty minute long conversation about something I neither know nor care anything about?

Seriously, you've all got your own desks!  What's so appealing about mine that makes you all head straight to it!

I know, I know, I'm being unreasonable, but I just can't seem to help myself.  Everything is rubbing me the wrong way today and it really is only a matter of time before someone's left in tears ... and it ain't gonna me me. 

Normally I'm PMSing when I'm in this sort of a mood, but I've checked the calendar and I'm definitely not.

It's official then, it's not me. It's all the rest of you guys.


23 comments:

  1. Oh I've SO been there lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes. In fact, just last week. Because my job is working with volunteers, I have to suck it up and put on my fake smiley face, but inside, I'm picturing stabbing them repeatedly with my letter opener.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to my world...I kinda like it when your cranky...gives you an edge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a very good actor, so it is obvious when I don't want people around. people are able to recognize this.

    Being a bitch has its advantages!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the reason why I love working alone! xo


    ……..^v^
    █░░█……^v^
    █░░█…………^v^
    ████…^v^
    █░░█…A-P-P-Y
    █░░█………^v^
    …………^v^
    █░░█….^v^
    █░░█…..^v^
    ████……..^v^
    █░░█…HALLOWEEN
    █░░█…..^v^


    ReplyDelete
  6. Ummm... I'm of the male persuasion, so I'll just tread extra-lightly here.

    When my dear wife is in a state like this, I simply offer chocolate and a foot rub.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chocolate is a universal remedy when combined with wine!!

      Delete
  7. I think Norm said it best on Cheers: It's a dog eat dog world and sometimes it feels like you're wearing MilkBone underwear. Or sometimes you're the dog and sometimes you're the hydrant. I hope you get to feeling better. Happy Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know some perv would enjoy that stapler where the sun don't shine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I see your bad day and double it by wanting to kill someone. I simmer, I slam doors, I throw things. When nothing seems to go right you want to punch it all in the face!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Days like that I just go home and bury myself in bed with a book. Nothing can fix it except sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sure glad I did not cross your path today, hope tomorrow is better.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I usually blame days like this on the barometric pressure.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeah, everyone has days like that. Hopefully tomorrow is a might better day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, at least you are honest (on the internet) but still honest. Some days are definitely better than others. Happy Friday? ya, Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Urgh, I know those days all to well. It's definitely everyone else! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my gosh! I never know if I am relieved when the calendar tells me it is everyone else, or more frightened!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Omg.. You have to be PMS-ing to have those days? Oops? And I totally get the whole everyone coming to your desk thing. It used to happen to me all the time! I finally just had to tell people and literally show them the space surrounding me that they were not allowed to enter. It's so irritating to have people that up close and personal.. Unless of course they're Ryan Gosling.. He can rush my desk anytime. - Hope you get to relax this evening. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have frequent days like this. Smile - tomorrow will be better

    ReplyDelete
  19. "The underpants gnomes ate all my undies."
    OMG! I didn't realize that's where they all went. That explains freaking EVERYTHING!
    Hang in there. It'll get better.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lolz: I feel that days that annoy you are so much worse than days that anger you... Annoyance is like an itch you can't scratch. I usually tell my husband that I am in a cranky mood so he tries to not say/do things that normally I find amusing because for some reason those are the things that will annoy me on cranky days.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh yes, I've had many of those days which I'm not to fond of. What you need to do at the end of the day is have a real good massage followed by a glass of wine whilst putting your feet. Just don't answer the door or phone until the next morning hoping for a better day.

    ReplyDelete
  22. LOL - I know the feeling too. It will pass, so they say.

    ReplyDelete